bounties for OpenPOWER optimization

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Jun 4 12:58:28 UTC 2020

On 04/06/2020 09:07, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 08:32 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>
>> Are there any improvements to gstreamer and dependencies that could
>> be funded this way?
>
> The audioresample code in gst-plugins-base has some custom assembly
> that could use a Power implementation. Apart from that improvements to
> ORC in that regard would be useful and would automatically benefit all
> GStreamer code using ORC (including video conversion/scaling).

Thanks, those are great tips

I made brief feature requests for those things and submitted them
through IBM's form.

If you have any ideas to help bounty-hunters get started, you could
include them in the issues or link them to other issues.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/orc/-/issues/29

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/-/issues/765

Regards,

Daniel