Echo cancelling with webrtcdsp

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jun 5 12:52:50 UTC 2020

Le jeudi 04 juin 2020 à 19:15 -0500, mwon a écrit :
> Sorry, only today I was able to return to this problem.
>
> So, the thing is that the webrtcdsp must be placed in the initial pipeline
> ("pipe1") because it is the mic from the alsasrc that must "turned of",
> i.e., the sound that it captures must be filtered out. These are the full
> steps:
>

> Remote audio input -> decodebin -> speakers -> mic (alsasrc) -> encode ->
> remote audio output
>
> with decodebin stop only established after the webrtc connection.

What I'm trying to explain is that the relation between webrtcdsp and
webrtcechoprobe is not linked with the pipeline hiearchy. As long as
the two objects exist they will find each other. They use a global
singleton hashtable for that. Of course that open up to having the
probe in seperate pipelines, which could be a nice feature, but is not
yet supported (inter-pipeline running-time translation would be
needed).