Gstreamer packages location

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Jun 17 13:00:20 UTC 2020

Le vendredi 12 juin 2020 à 07:46 -0500, dorin a écrit :
> Hi, I'd like to know where/how to access the newest compiled libraries. I
> noticed the gstreamer project uses gitlab ci for that so I studied the repo
> (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-ci) but I could not figure out
> the location of the build artifacts.
>
> I am especially interested in rtmp2 plugin which is not yet included in the
> gstreamer ubuntu packages because it was merged after 1.14 release (I have
> gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad (1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1)).

The CI is used for merge request validation, we no long do nightly or
post merge run of the CI. Also, gitlab CI started with GStreamer 1.16+.

That being said, you can rebuild easily using gst-build, here is some
resources (and I'm sure you can find a lot more):

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/installing/building-from-source-using-meson.html?gi-language=c
https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/blog/2020/03/19/getting-started-with-gstreamer-gst-build/