rtsp: test-launch vs c

Goran Broeckaert broeckaert.goran at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:23:02 UTC 2020

Hello,

Right now I have a simple pipeline: "videotestsrc ! x264enc ! h264parse !
rtph264 name=pay0". I use the test-launch application, which is an example
from the rtps-server plugin. I did some modifications to the application to
have both options: transmitting using unicast and multicast.

I'm using version 1.16.2 of gstreamer, gst-rtps-server and gst-plugins-bad
on Ubuntu20.04.

The simple pipeline works perfectly: I can use ffplay to retrieve the
stream (both unicast and multicast). If I modify the pipeline to the
following:  "videotestsrc ! x264enc ! h264parse ! rtph264 !
rtponviftimestamp ntp-offset=0 ! name=pay0", I can retrieve the stream
using unicast, but when I do it with multicast it does not work. I've used
debugging level 4, but I couldn't find anything that said where it
went wrong.

How should I proceed with debugging this?

Thanks for your help! Kind regards,
Goran Broeckaert

PS: I've uploaded the patch to modify the test-launch.c to have the option
to use multicast to pastebin: https://pastebin.com/qjpaYwCL .