retransmission with rtpbin and rtprtxqueue

andis andreas.schimpe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:01:46 UTC 2020

Hi Nicolas,

Many thanks for your reply! Actually I already wrote a C++ Application and
started the pipelines from there, so no gst-launch. In brief, what would be
required to make it working? What is done differently compared to what
happens at gst-launch?

Sure, I will check out the rtpsink / rtpsrc elements. Would the following
pipelines be sufficient?
SENDER: gst-launch-1.0 -v souphttpsrc
location=https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm
! matroskademux ! vp8dec ! x264enc bitrate=5000 ! rtph264pay ! identity
drop-probability=0.01 ! rtpsink address=127.0.0.1 port=5000
RECEIVER: gst-launch-1.0 -v rtpsrc address=127.0.0.1 port=5000 !
rtph264depay ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

How would it be made work there? I found a latency property in the rtpsrc,
but nothing being mentioned on retransmission.
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/rtpmanagerbad/rtpsrc.html?gi-language=c#properties

I also find the rtprtxreceive/send elements, which are already available in
my version 1.14.5. What are the differences here?
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/rtpmanager/rtprtxreceive.html?gi-language=javascript

Andi