GStreamer 1.17.1 development release

Mikel Pérez io at mikelpr.com
Thu Jun 25 16:07:50 UTC 2020

the android build seems to be broken

1. does not link libiconv by default as did previous releases - had to
add GSTREAMER_EXTRA_LIBS := -liconv
2. can't build with dashdemux plugin enabled as it is missing a link too. I
just disabled in this case
3. having built after working around #1 and #2, it fails with
../sys/androidmedia/gst-android-hardware-camera.c:1763:_init_classes Failed
to initialize android.hardware.Camera classes: Failed to get static field
ID EFFECT_EMBOSS (Ljava/lang/String;): java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no
"Ljava/lang/String;" field "EFFECT_EMBOSS" in class
"Landroid/hardware/Camera$Parameters;" or its superclasses
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no "Ljava/lang/String;" field
"EFFECT_EMBOSS" in class "Landroid/hardware/Camera$Parameters;" or its
superclasses

I don't know how to sidestep #3. I don't need the camera in my app but it
is part of native_init()