Stream HD video from webcam using gst-launch on Windows 10

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Sun Jun 28 18:39:05 UTC 2020

 I have never done video capture with gstreamer on Windows, so I can't
offer great advice, but I noticed that your command did not execute on my
machine.

I noticed that you are sending frames through as JPEG, it might make sense
to send them as video/x-raw ...

gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug-level=3 ksvideosrc !
video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080 ! queue ! autovideosink

... but on my machine the playback is rather skippy (guessing 4 frames per
second).

When I try to add framerate to the caps filter ...

gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug-level=3 ksvideosrc !
video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! queue ! autovideosink

... I get some kind of internal data stream error.

Something isn't right ... perhaps the ksvideosrc is just not very
performant, or maybe something needs to be tweaked.