Qt & Gstreamer on Windows crashes

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 03:49:36 UTC 2020

I got a working Qt/Gstreamer app on Linux in 2 hours. On Windows I can't
get past gst_init. It compiles just fine but crashes on launch. The
debugger won't even give me a crash report. I'm guessing it has to do with
delayed linking. I haven't had any luck with either mingw-64 or visual
studio compiler. I'm currently trying to compile both Qt and Gstreamer with
mingw in the guess it's some ABI incompatibility from them being built
differently, but that's my only guess. I've been at this all day. Any ideas?