Qt & Gstreamer on Windows crashes

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:28:31 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 9:45 PM Matthew Waters <ystreet00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming the issue is c++ abi differences between GStreamer and Qt, you
> need to ensure that both Qt and GStreamer's qml plugin are built against
> the same c++ abi.  This generally means the msvc c++ abi as Qt and
> GStreamer have/had different mingw compiler versions with different c++
> abis.

Do I need the QML plugin at all? I was just going to use the xid, or HWND
and video overlay. The Qt documentation seems to indicate that msvc isn't
supported with the open source version of Qt Creator, so I wouldn't have
thought it was compiled with msvc.

Is there a good way to figure out what something is compiled with using a
tool that looks at the PE binaries? I'm not even sure I have 64 bit
versions. I'd be happy to compile Gstreamer from source to match Qt, or
vice versa or compile both. I just haven't figured out how to even diagnose
the problem other than guess and check which has so far been very
time consuming and unproductive. It never gets to the point that I can
printf, or attach a debugger, but compiles without warnings.