How to debug Gstreamer on Windows

erikherz erik at vivoh.com
Sat Mar 28 14:39:47 UTC 2020

Thank you, David. I will look into the C runtimes on the target machines.

I just switched my build environment from QT with Gstreamer MSVC to MinGW as
the windeployqt.exe tool was giving me more complete library support ... but
I will set up another with MSVC to get access to those debugging symbols.

I isolated the problem to the most simple, video-only, pipeline:

"videotestsrc ! d3dvideosink  name=video_out";

... and still get the error.

I also set up a new QT build environment where it works with QT Creator
build (c:\qt) but not with the stand-alone (c:\qt\static) build.

So now I can test and debug on the same machine which should speed up the
process.

Here is my new QT environment:

1. Qt Creator 4.11.1 [Based on Qt 5.14.1 at (c:\qt\) ]
2. MinGW 7.3.0 64-bit
3. Command-line QT Version 5.9.9 (c:\qt\static) built with MinGW-64
(C:\Qt\Tools\mingw730_64)

I also posted my QT source and the steps that I took to get QT Creator to
recognize my Gstreamer libs here:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/112384/building-with-gstreamer-on-windows/27 ...
It is now a bit out of date after the above changes ...