How to debug Gstreamer on Windows

erikherz erik at vivoh.com
Mon Mar 30 15:19:19 UTC 2020

Looking at the debug output, I see:

GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:444:gst_element_factory_make:
gstelementfactory: make "videotestsrc" "(NULL)"
GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:142:gst_element_factory_find: no
such element factory "videotestsrc"

GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:444:gst_element_factory_make:
gstelementfactory: make "d3dvideosink" "(NULL)"
GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:142:gst_element_factory_find: no
such element factory "d3dvideosink"

The app runs on the same machine and shows the video test pattern when I
launch it from QT Creator but not when I deploy it as a stand-alone
application (using windeployqt.exe and copying over all of the Gstreamer
libraries).

Here is the full output file (GST_DEBUG=*:7):
https://customers.vivoh.com/all/mini_app_out_mar_30_2020.txt

I posted the source code to a very small QT sample application that
reproduces the problem here:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/112384/building-with-gstreamer-on-windows/28