Pipeline Editor as Web App / UI

coderofsalvation leonvankammen at gmail.com
Mon May 4 08:39:27 UTC 2020

> What it lacks is a friendly UI.

I know this feeling, however I came to the conclusion that it's a tricky
topic.
While there are great GUI graph-processing solutions out there
(touchdesigner for windows, praxislive for linux), almost none of them can
run headless.
Gstreamer is positioned much closer to the metal, from the beginning.

I think the typical gstreamer-user first educates him/herself with less
powerful gui tools.
Personally, it took me 8 years to finally see the value of using gstreamer.

Having that all said, for a webbased future I could imagine gstreamer-nodes
to land in https://nodered.org.
Under the hood these nodes can simply execute gst-launch using
https://www.npmjs.com/package/gstreamer-superficial.
An interesting project in the desktop-space seems:

https://github.com/virinext/pipeviz