Constant avdec_h264: decoding error

Juan Navarro juan.navarro at gmx.es
Mon May 4 16:14:30 UTC 2020

I wanted to have some more info for today, but seems the info will take
a bit more to arrive. The stream is from a local TV station, and from
the comments I've received it seems to be generated by a hardware
encoder called Teradek Cube:
https://teradek.com/products/cube-755?variant=39287505869#techSpecs

I'll update as soon as I get more detailed information about the
settings on this device.

Regarding the errors, in my original email I didn't include the fact
that logging must be enabled to see them, just for the sake of
completeness this is the whole set of commands needed to install
GStreamer and see the stream that causes decoding errors:

# Debian/Ubuntu install
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends \
     gstreamer1.0-libav \
     gstreamer1.0-plugins-{good,bad,ugly} \
     gstreamer1.0-tools

export GST_DEBUG=3

gst-launch-1.0 \
     rtspsrc location="rtsp://95.131.167.44:554/10701947" protocols="tcp" \
     ! "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video" \
     ! decodebin \
     ! autovideosink