appsrc buffer stores old frames

jahn jahn.gad at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:17:01 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

sorry for asking about many things. I'm getting a video from ROS into appsrc
and stream it with SRT.
Everything works fine. but if I wait and don't start my srt client
immediately, Whenever I start it , I get the old frames at a high speed rate
then the speed starts to decrease until I reach the actual frames.
It seems like the old frames are being stored somewhere in my software. as I
don't have any buffers other than the appsrc buffer , I suspect that my
frames are being stored there although I adjusted it on the live mode.
How to make it drops the old frames and streams the current frames only?

best regards
Jahn