Update GES timeline on-the-fly?

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Tue May 12 15:09:43 UTC 2020

I would like some clarification on this also.

The last paragraph of the documentation for ges_timeline_commit
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/gst-editing-services/gestimeline.html?gi-language=c#ges_timeline_commit>
says:

Note that all the pending changes will automatically be executed when the
timeline goes from GST_STATE_READY to GST_STATE_PAUSED, which is usually
triggered by a corresponding state changes in a containing GESPipeline.

Are you saying that I can modify a GESTimeline while the pipeline is
playing, and then execute `ges_timeline_commit` without pausing playback,
and all future points in time will be updated according to my modifications?

Perhaps only the bin inside NleComposition is transitioning from PLAYING to
READY, then back to PLAYING?  (While the timeline itself always remains
playing.)