Appsink + Internal Data Error v4l2

Alex Carr abcfilm at gmail.com
Sun May 17 14:59:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have run into a problem with a new capture card, I'm just looking
for some suggestions how to collect some more info and hopefully solve
this problem.. maybe it's actually an OpenCV or driver problem.

This is a working Gstreamer pipeline with this hardware, very happy
with this so far.

`gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 -e ! video/x-raw,
framerate=30/1, width=1920, height=1080 ! xvimagesink`

However, This pipeline Does not work when supplied to a
cv2.VideoCapture() in OpenCV Python 4.1.0 when I've changed to an
Appsink over xvimagesink.

cap = cv2.VideoCapture('v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,
framerate=30/1, width=1920, height=1080 ! appsink')

-truncated vague error-
''Error with module v4l2src: Internal Data Error"

I've tried wait-on-eos=false (or true).

Maybe someone has run into this before, and might have some clue about
it. Thanks for your time.

-Alex