SRT sink doesn't always start properly

MathieuP mathieu.pierfitte at nirovision.com
Mon May 18 05:38:00 UTC 2020

After looking at this post:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/SRT-stream-not-sending-td4693973.html
I considered replacing my srtsink with a udpsink and spawning a
srt-live-transmit in the background to pick up my UDP stream and take care
of the SRT logic.

This seems to work 100% of the time, however this solution will never
support multiple clients: https://github.com/Haivision/srt/issues/574
They actually suggest using GStreamer in this thread for this kind of use
case, so hopefully something can be tweaked in my pipeline to make it work
as smoothly as their test app?

>From there, I decided to try and see what is different between the default
config for srtsink and srt-live-transmit. It turns out they are using a
block size of 1456 instead of the default 4096 in srtsink, so I started
using blocksize=1456 on my srtsink. It's hard to tell for sure, but it seems
to be working better for me. It is still failing occasionally, but seems to
work about 80% of the time now...