Is it possible to send OpenGL framebuffer direct to nvh264enc?

F32 feng32 at 163.com
Wed May 20 03:09:05 UTC 2020

Hi,

Suppose we have a video game based on OpenGL and we have its source code. In order to capture game video, we can call glReadPixels() before swapping buffer, and then send the pixels to gstreamer's nvenc plugin. In this way, the frame is first sent from GPU memory to system memory, and then to GPU again, which seems to be unnecessary.

Is it possible to send the frame buffer direct to nvenc, so that there's no extra glupload / gldownload?

Regards
Windy