How to change the pipeline state from / strictly after the blocking probe?

Marko Popović marko.popovic.pro at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:26:50 UTC 2020

I want to "restart" a pipeline after it receives an EOS event. I have
to restart it after the blocking probe (specifically of type
GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_IDLE) has run.

I came up with using gst_element_call_async() in the blocking probe to
register the function that will restart the probe asynchronously. Code
sample is included as an attachment. I just want someone to review
that code sample and tell me am I doing everything correctly (i.e. can
this program lead to an undefined behavior), and if I am not, to also
tell me what is the proper way.