WebRTC to MKV or hlssink2 - problems with audio+video streams together

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 05:03:35 UTC 2020

Hello deim31,
This is just something that popped up in the head when I first saw your
problem. No guarantees it will work but I think it is certainly worth an
attempt.

> When I save only one stream it seem OK - audio alone is fine video alone
> also OK.

In the callback to the pad-added signal, audio and video seem to be
arriving one by one and not together.
Can you try creating a common bin starting the bin only after both audio
and video have arrived?

If possible, posting your pad-added callback would certainly help.

> When I try to put them together it quits:

ERROR:/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/gst-plugins-good-1.16.2/work/gst-plugins-good-1.16.2/gst/multifile/gstsplitmuxsink.c:2008:handle_gathered_gop:
> assertion failed: (queued_gop_time >= 0)
> Bail out!

ERROR:/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/gst-plugins-good-1.16.2/work/gst-plugins-good-1.16.2/gst/multifile/gstsplitmuxsink.c:2008:handle_gathered_gop:
> assertion failed: (queued_gop_time >= 0)
> (SIGABRT)

Does something apart from hlssink2 work? Like "... ! matroskamux !
filesink" or "... ! matroskamux ! splitmuxsink"

Regards
Mandar