Error while building gst-plugins-good

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:58:06 UTC 2020

Hello,

I was trying to build gst-plugins-good 1.18.1 so I can have the qmlglsink
element (which is apparently not included in the latest version in ubuntu's
package manager).
I installed all requirements listed in the REQUIREMENTS file, and went on
doing the instructions I found here:
*http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/multimedia/gst10-plugins-good.html*

While running meson, I got the following error:
/The Meson build system
Version: 0.45.1
Source dir: /home/omer/Developer/gst-plugins-good-1.18.1
Build dir: /home/omer/Developer/gst-plugins-good-1.18.1/build
Build type: native build

meson.build:502:9: ERROR: lexer
  summary({'Plugins':plugin_names}, list_sep: ', ')
         ^

A full log can be found at
/home/omer/Developer/gst-plugins-good-1.18.1/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt/

Searching google, I found that I should install meson using pip3, which also
didn't help out.

Anyone knows how I can fix that or perhaps offer an easier way to get
qmlglsink?

Thanks ahead.