How to force keyframes using Python GST bindings

Gary Metalle Gary.Metalle at rvl.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 09:02:33 UTC 2020

Hi

I'm not sure about the Python bindings but it's very easy to force the encoder to knock out a keyframe when you want:

	GstPad *encoder_src_pad = gst_element_get_static_pad(st->streamer.encoder, "src");
	if (encoder_src_pad) {
		gst_pad_send_event(encoder_src_pad, gst_event_new_custom(GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_UPSTREAM,
			gst_structure_new("GstForceKeyUnit", "all-headers",G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, TRUE, NULL)));
		gst_object_unref(encoder_src_pad);
	}

Note in my example the 'st->streamer.encoder' is the pointer to the GstElement that is the h264 encoder.

Gary.