v4l2src gstv4l2bufferpool error

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Nov 16 00:16:22 UTC 2020

Le ven. 13 nov. 2020 20 h 30, Alfredo Salvarani <alfredo.salvarani at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have a board with a adv7482 and I get video from it with v4l2src.
> When something happen on adv7482 HDMI input (a disconnection for instance),
> the adv7482 goes to free run mode with a blue screen with the same video
> configuration that was before.
> But the gstreamer pipeline crash's with v4l2src error "Could not read from
> resource."
> I think in this kind of transition there some frames lost or invalid.
> Is there any way to avoid it? Maybe a buffer on v4l2src?

We already handle frame lost or corrupted buffer reported by drivers.
Perhaps your driver is reporting then the wrong way?

You may want to share somr more logs, as it's not clear what error your
driver reported. Consider looking at kernel trace first (out of scope for
GST ML) and the GST_DEBUG="v4l*:7,2"