WebRTC to MKV or hlssink2 - problems with audio+video streams together - broken picture

deim31 deim31 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:27:11 UTC 2020

To elaborate more on this problem - my situation:

original sendrecv example. (doesnt matter if it goes to autovideosink or
to MKV or HLS it's always the same)

I modified html page to share screen (getDisplayMedia instead of
getUserMedia)

- use it in Vivaldi or Opera.

I first share whole screen and it works well several seconds then image
breaks.

Today I tried share window. Now I know the larger shared window is the
sooner image breaks.

800x800px is almost OK. When I play for example YT video in Firefox
window I share, it breaks sometimes and I can see moving things but with
wrong colors but it in several seconds refreshes (maybe new I frame?).

The big problem is in text share or for example slides. Broken image
seem never refreshes.

1920x1200 is problem.

Is it known problem? Would for example Windows or Mac work better?

On other side - I use the same screen share with Jitsi Meet and it never
break image - codec is the same - VP8.

Thanks