how to enable gstreamer leaks tracker?

Jovic, Vladimir vladimir.jovic at ifm.com
Thu Nov 26 14:25:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I tried modifying my program to end after some time and call gst_deinit(), but that didn't do anything. I still don't get any output.

Even gst-launch-1.0 is not doing anything:

root at pdm3:/home# GST_TRACERS="leaks"  GST_DEBUG="*TRACER:7" gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=10 ! fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 0:00:00.010384134
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...
root at pdm3:/home#

I am having a custom linux image built with yocto, and it runs on arm.

I still don't get it, do I need to configure gstreamer to get the leak tracer?