Memory decreases over time

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Nov 27 17:21:01 UTC 2020

Le jeudi 26 novembre 2020 à 22:36 +0100, Jack a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know if there are recomandations about management of the
> memory with Gstreamer ?
>
> Here, I use Python bindings for Gstreamer, and i notice that my RAM
> decreases over time.

That's a symptom of a runtime leak.

> My pipeline use 10 Bins managing internet audio streams with
> uridecodebin => audiomixer => tee => (pulsesink + shout2send).

You'll have to investigate were is the leak, you may use the leak tracer (if
it's an actual leak that stays pass the program end). You can also use valgrind
massif, to get a protrait of the runtime memory usage. The leak tracer also got
some ways to drop a snapshot of GStreamer allocation.

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/coretracers/leaks.html?gi-language=c

Don't forget to call Gst.deinit() ;-P otherwise nothing will show.