How to correctly timestamp buffers in an appsrc element

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Nov 27 17:26:18 UTC 2020

Le jeudi 26 novembre 2020 à 21:55 +0100, J. Krieg a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> No ideas?
> Could anyone help please?
> Unfortunately I can’t figure out this by myself.

By default, appsrc uses an open segment (start=0, end=infinity). That means your
timestamp must match the running-time. The running time can be obtained like
this:

  clock = gst_pipeline_get_clock(pipeline)
  if (clock) {
  	time_now = gst_clock_get_time(clock)
  	rt_time = time_now - gst_element_get_base_time (GST_ELEMENT
(pipeline));
   } else {
        rt_time = GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE; /* or 0 depending on your use case */
   }

If you have raw audio data, it might be easier to calculate the timestamp base
ont he data lenght, starting from zero. Of if your data isn't live, you might
also calculate timestamp using the framerate of a video (starting from 0 again).