gst_mini_object_unlock: assertion '(state & access_mode) == access_mode' failed

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:47:28 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I'm writing an app which uses decodes h264 frames from an rtsp server and
forwards them to an appsink. Frames are coming in a rate of 30 fps.
A different threads need to handle those samples, so I implemented a cyclic
buffer which stores pointers to the GstBuffer, GstMapInfo and GstSample
objects of that sample.

When the other thread is done with a sample, I run:

gst_buffer_unmap(sample->buffer, sample->mapInfo);
gst_sample_unref(sample->sample);

Sometimes the app will crash on startup, and sometimes it will run for about
half a minute, and then crash.
The error I'm getting is this:
gst_mini_object_unlock: assertion '(state & access_mode) == access_mode'
failed

What may this be and how can I avoid these errors?
Thank you..