Dynamic addition and removal of filesink to pipeline

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Thu Oct 1 14:26:07 UTC 2020

I guess you could just unlink the filesink whenever you didn't want to record
stuff, it would just be a matter of finalizing the file, and then resetting
it so that you could reuse it later.

The only problem I had is when I wanted to stop a file and start a new one
immediately. If I used the same sink, I'd have to wait for it to finish
writing the file (the EOS had to travel through the encoder, muxer, and
filesink), and then trigger it to record again. It was just easier to add a
second filesink, then unlink the first and destroy it when it was done.

If you haven't seen this, you might want to check out this example also:
https://coaxion.net/blog/2014/01/gstreamer-dynamic-pipelines/