Problem with gstreamer using the tsdemux

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 14:00:25 UTC 2020

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 at 19:29, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2020-10-06 at 16:33 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> I appreciate it's frustrating when things don't work as expected, but
> please start your own thread for your own issues.

Sorry about that, but at the moment I'm not entirely sure whether I'm doing
something wrong, or whether my problems and these others have the same root
cause.

> tsdemux appears to work just fine for many other people, but if you are
> affected by the tsdemux issue you linked, perhaps you could help
> identify the offending commit as per the instructions on the ticket.

OK, next time I get blocked by similar symptoms I'll give that a try.

> The task join warning usually means you're setting pipeline or bin
> state from a streaming thread callback, which is not allowed and can
> cause deadlocks.

 The only time my code explicitly sets an element state is when it calls
gst_element_sync_state_with_parent() after adding the child elements to my
custom manager/bin, during the set_uri handler, and this error occurs some
time after that. I've since replaced the queue2 with a queue, and that
works just fine.

--
TH