Need help using gst-play and gst-launch

gst_kwr kniwor at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 22:07:57 UTC 2020

Hi, I'm trying to use my Jetson Nano to watch media on my TV. Totem doesn't
do a good job with 4k content. I'm not a developer and hence having issues
using gst-play and gst-launch. I am trying to do the following:

Watch videos with audio and subtitles (external file, not embedded in
video), including 4k videos.

Problems I have:
- gst-play works for most videos I have (except 4k ones). However, I don't
know how to add subtitles from a file, or amplify audio.
- For 4k videos, the following command works just fine, however I do not
know how to add subtitles here from an external file: "gst-launch-1.0
filesrc location=ko.mkv ! decodebin name=decoder decoder. ! queue !
videoconvert ! autovideosink decoder. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audioamplify
amplification=4 ! autoaudiosink"

I need:
- Some way to play my videos where I can show subtitles, amplify audio etc..
through command-line.

I have spent countless hours reading documentation, trying combinations of
commands, and seeking help in other places:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/playing-videos-using-gstreamer-on-jetson-nano/153846

Thank you in advance!