splitmuxsink - time duration

Jan Schmidt jan at widgetgrove.com.au
Mon Oct 12 04:25:23 UTC 2020

Hi Raj,

On 12/10/20 5:41 am, transport raj wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Using the below command, I'm trying to split the generated video file
> for the duration of 1-sec, but the generated video file is of 0.6
> secs. How to achieve exactly 1 sec. Can anyone help?

splitmuxsink can only break files at a keyframe boundary, and will
always try and keep files shorter than the maximum. To make sure that
things can break at exactly 1 second intervals, you need keyframes at
those positions. If your GStreamer install is recent enough, you can use
the send-keyframe-requests=true property on splitmuxsink to send encoder
requests to create keyframes at the right position, otherwise, tune your
key-int-max and input framerate to generate keyframes at 1 second intervals.

Regards,

Jan.