Need help using gst-play and gst-launch

Kenneth Sloat ksloat at designlinxhs.com
Mon Oct 12 13:04:26 UTC 2020

Gstreamer is much better suited as a development platform to create custom media pipelines. Not that you couldn't use it to do what you are doing, but since it seems you are just trying to play videos with subtitles, then why not use VLC or similar?

In regards to subtitles, looks like there is an associate component subtitleoverlay:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/playback/subtitleoverlay.html?gi-language=c

Sincerely,
Ken Sloat