pipeline diagram does not match Gstreamer commands

charleslaub at sbcglobal.net charleslaub at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 12 16:27:04 UTC 2020

For additional information, I am attaching the gstreamer output for this
pipeline. Its' too large to just copy and paste directly, but upon
inspection it seems to contain entries for both tees, input_ch0 and
input_ch1. So the error I am observing is like not with gstreamer itself,
but with the DOT pipeline graph generation from the debug data file. There
is more evidence for this contained in the gstreamer output:

.

Got message #164 from element "input_ch0" (state-changed):
GstMessageStateChanged, old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;

Got message #165 from element "input_ch1" (state-changed):
GstMessageStateChanged, old-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_NULL,
new-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_READY,
pending-state=(GstState)GST_STATE_VOID_PENDING;

.

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTee:input_ch0.GstPad:sink: caps = audio/x-raw,
format=(string)F32LE, layout=(string)interleaved, rate=(int)48000,
channels=(int)1

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTee:input_ch1.GstPad:sink: caps = audio/x-raw,
format=(string)F32LE, layout=(string)interleaved, rate=(int)48000,
channels=(int)1

.

The last two statements seem to be correct. I mistakenly said in my first
post that both channels were to be streamed to both clients, but in fact I
stream only the left audio channel to the left client and the right audio
channel to the right audio client. So these statements do reflect the
intended behavior and that of the gstreamer commands used to launch the
pipeline.

This points to an error in the pipeline diagram generation.

-Charlie