Sending RTP to mediaserver or through webrtcbin

Moiz moiz at playpixel.app
Sat Oct 17 19:53:01 UTC 2020

Hello still very new to gstreamer, I am trying to stream to the browser,
currently I have a gstreamer pipeline that is sending RTP packets to a media
server using rtpbin, and then using webrtc on the client to connect to the
mediaserver and decode the packets to display the stream.

I have recently seen the webrtcbin plugin, and am wondering if this would
take away the necessity of using a mediaserver such as mediasoup or jitsy

Is this the case, do I no longer need a mediaserver given I use webrtcbin
correctly?