Problems compiling VA-API in GStreamer 1.18

peter12 mikelblaz6 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:11:34 UTC 2020

I have installed in my ubuntu (https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-build).

In this way, I am able to enter into a development environment of Gstreamer
1.18 running the following command

```
ninja -C builddir devenv
```
However, I would like to compile the plugin VA-API with the aim to use it in
that version of Gstreamer.
I download the package
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/multimedia/gstreamer10-vaapi.html),
I unzip it and I execute the next commands in the terminal to install it:

```
mkdir build &&
cd    build &&

meson  --prefix=/usr       \
       -Dbuildtype=release \
       -Dpackage-origin=http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/ &&
ninja

```
The problem is that I get the following error :

gstreamer-vaapi 1.18.0

  Subprojects
    gst-plugins-base: NO Subproject directory not found and
gst-plugins-base.wrap file not found
              libdrm: NO Subproject directory not found and libdrm.wrap file
not found

I have compiled the gst-build in another directory, and inside it is located
the subprojects directory. So how could I tell the terminal to find in that
path and install in that directory?