Question about implementing WebRTC Stats

Lin, Sherrill lshuying at amazon.com
Thu Oct 22 21:00:00 UTC 2020

Hi there,

Our team in Alexa Communications wants to add selected ice candidates information to WebRTC stats. We find that in gstwebrtcstats.c (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/blob/master/ext/webrtc/gstwebrtcstats.c), RTCIceCandidateStats, RTCIceCandidatePairStats and RTCTransportStats are not constructed yet. We think these three stats are the structures needed for hosting selected ice candidate data, and we are interested in implementing them following the w3.org spec (https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-stats/).

However, we notice there’s a list of mandatory fields for implementing each stats structure: https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#mandatory-to-implement-stats. Does it mean, for Gstreamer community to accept the code changes, we will have to implement all the mandatory fields for all three stats structures as defined in that doc?

Thanks,
Sherrill