Stopping mixing pipeline when shorter input finishes

Vladislav Glinsky cl0ne at mithril.org.ua
Fri Oct 23 20:18:57 UTC 2020

On 23.10.20 16:59, Tim Müller wrote:
> Hi Vladislav,
>
> I might be misunderstanding the problem, but if you're just using
> videomixer to overlay a PNG image/logo, then using an element like
> gdkpixbufoverlay instead might be easier.
>
> Cheers
>  Tim
> --
> Tim Müller, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your answer. I'm aware of gdkpixbufoverlay element and this
approach to overlay image is definitely much simpler.

But the question I am trying to find an answer to was "how to stop
pipeline on EOS from the shorter stream".

I've replaced both videotestsrc with two video files, and the chosen
approach (which looks more like a workaround) didn't work just like with
imagefreeze. After looking at the GStreamer documentation again I think
that another way to solve the problem is to query  duration of all
streams at the beginning and post seek event with "stop" parameter set
to longer streams. But that won't work for live streams.

--
Best regards,
Vladislav Glinsky