How to build textoverlay in gst-build

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:49:01 UTC 2020

Hi peter,

You are likely missing system dependencies needed by textoverlay. The
log messages talking about this are likely lost in the barrage of
meson output.

To enforce that you want the textoverlay plugin, you can build with:

meson build -Dgst-plugins-base:pango=enabled

Then meson will error out when it encounters a missing dependency
that's required for the textoverlay plugin (which uses pango).

Cheers,
Nirbheek