Could not link autovideosink to filesink

DanteDom vexado8685 at gridmauk.com
Tue Oct 27 18:37:57 UTC 2020

Hello again.

I took your advice. Removing the code responsible for video sink handling,
and subsequently testing the pipeline with: videotestsrc num-buffers=1 !
jpegenc !filesink location=screenshot.jpeg". Did in fact produce a
screenshot of the videotestsrc.

I feel like I am very close to solving my problem and I thank both of you
for letting me understand this all better. However one issue remains in my
modification of that tutorial3.c file.

I created a function to handle a pipeline for livevideo screenshots.
Independent of the other pipeline which simply displays the videofeed. (I
dabbled in tees & queues but I need these to function under specific
circumstances).

I based this function "snapshot_function". On this reference from GStreamer
Here
<https://github.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-base/blob/master/tests/examples/snapshot/snapshot.c>
.

However I modified it a bit:

The following is my includes for this file too:

*However I get this error:*

I do not understand this error? I have referenced everything correctly but
this error remains.