git bisect of gst-plugins-bad

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Oct 28 15:55:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-10-26 at 21:09 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
> Hi Russel,
>
> Yeah, git bisect of gst-build is very painful right now. I think you
> can workaround the version restriction by setting `match_gst_version:
> false` in meson.build. It's done for other subprojects, so you can use
> that as an example.

Adding this to the gst-plugins-bad entry in the top-level meson.build did the
job. I was able to ignore the few errors of compilation as they were not
connected to the problem or the code under test. Thanks for the pointer.

> However, you will still hit build issues due to API changes across
> modules which you will have to resolve manually.

Fortunately not a problem :-)

git bisect done. Problematic commit discovered. Now the question is how to get
a fix in place for a GStreamer 1.18.2 release.

Anyone interested please fgeel free to take a look at:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/-/issues/1419

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200