Gstreamer shared memory usage

Thierry Gayet thierry.gayet at dazzl.tv
Wed Apr 7 07:52:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have a question about gstreamer oriented shared memories (shmsink +
shmsrc).

Indeed, entering our pipeline, we have a stream containing h264 for video
and aac for audio.

The first test was to demux the audio from the video and send it separately
into two separate shared memories. The result is a desynchronization
between audio and video.

The second test was to keep the audio and video muxed but I don't know if
the shared memories of gstreamer support this mode as most of the examples
show the audio and / or the video still managed separately.

Do you have more information on this subject?

I am looking for examples of functional pipelines, advice or optimizations.

Thank you in advance for your return.

Regards

Thierry GAYET

(Courrouze)