Streaming with rist

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Apr 7 18:54:28 UTC 2021

Le mercredi 07 avril 2021 à 05:53 -0500, diegonunes a écrit :
> Hello everyone, I have to pipelines like this ones:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! video/x-raw,framerate=20/1 ! videoscale !
> videoconvert ! x265enc tune=zerolatency bitrate=500 speed-preset=superfast !
> rtph265pay ! ristsink address=127.0.0.1 port=5000
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v ristsrc port=5000 caps = "application/x-rtp,
> media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H265,
> payload=(int)96" ! rtph265depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink
>
> And for some reason* they are connecting but not transmitting any video at
> all,* am I missing a step on this pipelines?

Our RIST implementation currently expect static payload only. All TV appliance
only implement MPEG TS payloaded as RTP (x265enc ! mpegtsmux ! rtpmp2tpay ! ..).

The rtpsrc element supports passing encoding-name or caps to let it use dynamic
payload type, feel free to port this code into ristsrc. Have been on my todo for
a while. Note that there is currently no activity around implementing the new
profiles.  This implementation is perhaps less relevant since the arrival of
https://code.videolan.org/rist/librist . That being said, the result we had with
the GStreamer RTP stack was in general of very good quality compare to vendor
stack during interop testing. There is few optimization around multi-cast
retransmission missing, but otherwise it's quite compliant to the simple
profile.

Nicolas