Compiling gstreamer in dockcross for aarch64

Roger Pease rogerpease at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:27:56 UTC 2021

Hello-

I was experimenting with cross compiling gstreamer in an ARM dockcross
image with meson and was greeted with:

*subprojects/glib/meson.build:866:4: ERROR: Can not run test applications
in this cross environment.A full log can be found at
/work/gst-build/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txtNOTICE: You are using Python
3.5 which is EOL. Starting with v0.57, Meson will require Python 3.6 or
newer*

I was working out of a cross-compiler docker image:

cd gst-build
meson --cross-file meson.cross build

*meson.cross:*
[binaries]
exe_wrapper= '/usr/bin/qemu-aarch64'
pkgconfig = '/usr/bin/pkg-config'

[target_machine]
system = 'linux'
cpu_family = 'aarch64'
cpu = 'aarch64'
endian = 'little'

Just curious if anyone had encountered issues like this. It looked like
meson wasn't executing my wrapper or didn't like something about the
wrapper.

Thanks,

Roger