sync=false and rate

eyalhir74 eyalhir74 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:25:33 UTC 2021

Hi,
  I would appreciate if someone could explain why this:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc !  video/x-raw,framerate=10/1 ! fpsdisplaysink
video-sink=xvimagesink

  Displays the video in 10fps
  And the one below, ignores the 10fps limit:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc !  video/x-raw,framerate=10/1 ! fpsdisplaysink
video-sink=xvimagesink sync=false

 Obviously the difference is the "sync=false" element. But why?

 Also, what can I do if I want to add a videotestsrc that will output 10fps
images to a bin which ends with
a xvimagesink with sync=false, and I can't drop the sync=false code?

thanks
Eyal