setting up rtpbin from an SDP offer

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Apr 12 21:39:22 UTC 2021

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the fast reply, it is for bidirectional communication, both
voice and video.

I look after the conversation manager in reSIProcate, reConServer:
https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/tree/master/resip/recon

It currently uses sipXtapi for a voice-only media stack.  It does both
regular calls (two parties) and conferences.

I'm looking at how to offer gstreamer there as an alternative to sipXtapi

Ideally, it will accept connections from both regular SIP clients and
also WebRTC clients

If sdpdemux is unidirectional then it won't be a complete solution.

Is it feasible to extend sdpdemux to behave like the full webrtcbin
offer/answer?  Or would it be better for me to create some other element
or improvement to rtpbin?

Regards,

Daniel