gstreamer / Farstream / reSIProcate interoperability

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Apr 13 17:22:45 UTC 2021

Hi,

I think your model is the right one.

The local devices and file playback are intentionally  out of scope for Farstream.

The fsrtpconference element is largely a wrapper around rtpbin just like webrtcbin, the main functional difference is that Farstream also handles the encoding and decoding, while webrtcbin doesn't. You can definitely mix both in the same pipeline if we want. You may also want to have separate pipelines and use inter{audio,video}{sink,src} to transfer the frames between the pipelines if you want to decouple them a little.

Olivier