How can I check if an object was deleted?

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 11:50:03 UTC 2021

Hey guys,

I'm implementing an RTSP server. When the client disconnects, the media gets
destroyed.
I do however, keep a pointer to my appsrc element somewhere.

How can I check if the element hasn't been destroyed?
I've tried G_IS_OBJECT but that just returns true even though the element
was destroyed...

For now I just keep a boolean member of my class and set and unset it using
the /media-configured/, and /unprepared/ signals, but that just seems wrong.

Thanks and best of wishes.