The swamp

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Apr 24 03:17:04 UTC 2021

Like a real swamp I can see for kilometers, but round my feet is sticky.

I’m testing this pipeline (it works beautifully)

gst-launch-1.0 -t v4l2src name=source device=/dev/video2 ! \
            video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! \
            h264parse ! queue ! avdec_h264 ! \
            autovideosink

I’ve done lots of reading, can see how to encode h264 from raw at a nominated bit rate.
My camera gives h264. (USB2 speed limit for 1080P)

I want to save the output.
Is the bit rate set by the camera, I do not need to concern myself?
Should/could I set bit rate in my pipeline. I presume that before h264parse I’d pipe to

mp4mux ! filesink location=myfile.mp4

Thanks
James