[qmlglsink] Unable to instantiate a GstVideoItem object on Windows

karimchtx karim_atiki at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 17:34:35 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm trying to render a playback pipeline to a Qt based video sink: qmlglsink
My simple app is based on gst-example.

I have recompile successfully gstreamer 1.18.4 using meson build.
The qmlglsink plugin is successfully built and checked in gst-inspect-1.0

In my app, I have applied the gst-examples recommendation, that is:

/   /* the plugin must be loaded before loading the qml file to register the
     * GstGLVideoItem qml item
     * FIXME Add a QQmlExtensionPlugin into qmlglsink to register
GstGLVideoItem
     * with the QML engine, then remove this
     */

    GstElement *sink = gst_element_factory_make ("qmlglsink", nullptr);
    gst_object_unref(sink);/

It works, sink variable is not null.

Afterward, the following lines failed:
/
QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
engine.load(QUrl("qrc:/main.qml"));/

and main.qml looks like:

/import QtQuick 2.0

import org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GLVideoItem 1.0

Item {
    GstGLVideoItem {
        id: video
        objectName: "videoItem"
        anchors.fill: parent
   }
}/

Unfortunately, I spet hours with the same errors in the console:

QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/main.qml:3:1: module "org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GLVideoItem" is not
installed

I have set the QML_IMPORT_PATH and QML2_IMPORT_PATH accordingly...but I stil
get the same error.

I'm running under  Windows 10.
I have checked everything relevant...am I missing something ?

Any suggestion will be kindly welcome ;)

K.